Fast growing small businesses with customers that take 30, 60 or 90 days to pay their invoices should consider invoice financing as a way of fixing their periodic cash flow problems.
Debtor finance or debtor factoring may not be as well known as other forms of business finance but, in recent years, has been gaining in popularity, specifically with small businesses. This is because, the banks have largely stopped providing overdraft facilities to small businesses that do not have ‘hard’ assets (such as land or plant and equipment) to provide to them as security. In addition, many small businesses are falling behind in their ATO obligations, which means that many banks would not even consider their application until the ATO arrears have been met.
With a debtor finance facility:
- A small business owner can obtain a cash flow injection into their business without the need to provide any other assets as security. That is, you will not be required to mortgage your house to support your business.
- ABR Finance will provide you with up to 80% of the value of your unpaid invoices as soon as these invoices are sent to your customers. For example, if you issues a $5,000 invoice to one of your customers, we will transfer $4,000 into your operational bank account as soon as this invoice is issued to the customer and we receive a copy of that invoice.
- We will not require you to make any payments to us. We will wait until the invoice is paid by your customer to us. When we receive the full amount of the invoice, we will refund the balance to you less our fee.
- The more invoices you issue to your customers, the more cash we can give you. This means that if your business grows, you can get more funding to pay your employees, suppliers and other ongoing expenses.
- You can stay ahead of the competition and grow your market share by providing your customers with extended payment periods knowing that we will pay you for your invoices as soon as they are issued.
The debtor finance facility is completely flexible. This means that, it is up to you how much you would like us to advance to you at any time (provided you are below the approved limit). Also, the facility is ongoing and can be terminated at any time by providing us with a 30-day written notice.
Your business does not have to be an incorporated company to qualify. Unlike many other financiers, we will provide funding to sole traders, partnerships and trust.
Our clients include: electrical contractors, building contractors, small manufacturers, transport companies, IT companies, equipment hire companies, wholesalers, lawyers, barristers, accountants, real estate agents, fitness centres and child care centres.
We will not interfere with your relationship with your customers. Our facilities can also be fully confidential. This means that your customers will not be aware of our arrangements, provided the facility is operated within the agreed terms.
For further information on debtor finance or if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 400 770 or enquire on www.abrfinance.com.au.